Saint Agnes Catholic School opened in 1946 with the Sisters of Notre Dame teaching 200 hundred students in five classes. By 1950 the school expanded to eight grades and the school staff had grown to ten sisters and a lay teacher. By 1960, enrollment peaked at over 900 students.
The school was supported solely by Sunday collections until 1980.
Saint Agnes Catholic School has seen many changes since 1946:
- The faculty of nuns has been replaced with professional teachers and teaching assistants.
- Expansions and renovations have added office space, additional classrooms, and in 2000 added an Upper School wing, modern library space, and state-of-the-art computer and science labs.
- The curriculum has expanded to include music, fine art, foreign language, and computer instruction.
Saint Agnes Catholic Parish celebrated its 75th anniversary on November 7, 2012 with a special Mass celebrated by Bishop Loverde.
The core mission of Saint Agnes Catholic School has remained unchanged: to provide a Christ-centered community emphasizing academic achievement, faith formation, and charity toward others.