Children are the most precious resource of the family and the Church. The greatest care must always be taken when the safety of children is involved. The Diocese of Arlington is committed to providing a safe environment to all children entrusted to our care and assisting each child to grow in grace and wisdom.
Saint Agnes takes the following steps to ensure the physical safety of students: all doors are locked during the day; visitors must use the main entrance and sign in/out; teachers, parents, and staff monitor children on the playground and in the cafeteria.
The Office of Child Protection and Safety for the Diocese of Arlington provides programs to ensure a safe environment for children within the community of the Church. These programs include:
- Comprehensive training programs for employees, volunteers, parents and children.
- Background check and application procedures for persons working with children and volunteers with substantial contact with children.
- Monitoring of child and youth activities to ensure that all contact with young people is appropriate and nurturing.
- Outreach and support for victims of child abuse and their families.
- Those who are interested in volunteering for school programs should contact St. Agnes Parish liaison officer at 703-525-1166 or via email.